Zucchini "Spaghetti" Bolognese


This is a delicious alternative to spaghetti bolognese, using zucchini (baby marrows) to make the "spaghetti". 

I recently bought myself a Cuisipro julienne peeler, which I can't get enough of. It is razor sharp and cuts the zucchini easily and neatly. 

I find it easiest to keep the tops on the zucchini and use them as a place to hold onto, while I peel the vegetables. 



For 3 servings, I used 9 medium-sized zucchini. Drizzle about 3 tablespoons of olive oil over the zucchini together with some salt to taste. 



Using gentle tongs, toss the zucchini to ensure that they are evenly coated with olive oil. 

On a fairly high heat, cook the zucchini until they are warmed through. I like to pop a lid on my pan for about 1 minute towards the end to lock in the last bit of heat. Take care not to over-cook them! You want them to still have a bit of a crunch. 



To make the savoury mince, click here for the recipe. 

As an optional extra (which I like to do), throw in a dash of cream right at the end of the savoury mince process to cut through the tartness of the tomatoes in the sauce. 

To serve, dish up a base of "spaghetti" followed by a generous helping of bolognese. Grate some fresh Parmesan cheese over it and serve.