Smoked Haddock with Lemon Cream Sauce

I wasn't going to blog this, but when I realised how nice it was going to be, I thought that it would be a good idea to document what I did... The creamy lemon sauce went so beautifully with this flavourful fish. I served it with Cauliflower Mash.


I managed to find smoked haddock fillets at a local fishmonger. They came already smoked, with the skin on. 

In a large non-stick pan, melt a tablespoon of butter until it starts to bubble. Then, place the fish skin-side-down in the pan and fry it for about 5 minutes. Gently turn the fish to cook the top for another minute. Then turn it back over onto the skin. Then pour in about 75ml of fresh cream, 1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic and the juice of half a lemon. Let the creamy sauce reduce around the fish. 


Serve immediately with cauliflower mash.