Spiralised sweet potato crips


I bought myself a spiraliser this week. So, naturally I am spiralising everything that I can get my hands on. I've just tried a sweet potato, which made delicious curly crisps in about 15 minutes (including cooking time)! I bought a very simple Oxo spiraliser, which you need to operate manually, and it works just fine. I have made zucchini pasta a few times this week already, and I am completely hooked. It's easy to use, and very easy to clean.



I just used one medium sweet potato for this recipe. It made enough to serve 2 as a side accompaniment for our dinner.

Preheat the oven to 220'C.

Peel the sweet potato and slice off the ends to make a flat end on each side (easier to spiralise a flat end).


Using whichever spiraliser you have, twist the potato until you have a nice pile of curly vegetables.



I used a silicone baking mat on a baking tray to cook my crisps. Drizzle olive oil over the sweet potatoes together with some salt, pepper and paprika.


Using your hands, just mix them all around so that everything is evenly coated.


Pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until they have started to brown and become crispy.