Coconut bread (gluten-free)


My friend, Vanessa, shared this recipe with me. The main ingredient is dessicated coconut, which is quite unusual (I would have expected coconut flour), but it really exceeded my expectations. I'll definitely be making this one again. 

Ingredients:
5 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
80ml ground linseed (measure before grinding)
60ml ground almonds (measure before grinding)
375ml desiccated coconut
5ml bicarbonate of soda
2.5ml baking powder
15ml apple cider vinegar
45ml honey (xylitol if you prefer)
60ml coconut oil

Preheat your oven to 180'C
Mix all of the ingredients together, just until they are combined. Do not overbeat. 
Grease a normal size loaf tin, and spread the mixture evenly in the tin. 
Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. 
It is superb sliced when it is still warm with melted butter and home made jam